In order to continue to provide education and training to as many individuals as possible, the UHBW Simulation Centre (formerly Bristol Medical Simulation Centre) reserves the right to operate a strict cancellation policy.
All courses will be subject to the following cancellation policy:
Within 48 hours immediately after booking
No fee owed
From 48 hours after booking up to 14 days before the booking start date:
20% of the booking fee will be owed
Within 14 days prior to the course start date:
100% of the booking fee will be owed
- Cancellations must be received in writing to the Simulation Services administration team at: email@example.com
- Cancellation fees are as above.
- Cooling Off Period: from time of booking, delegates/course bookers have 48 hours in which they can cancel their place without any cancellation fees. In the event of a cancellation within this cooling off period, either a full refund will be given (if payment has been made) or a credit note will be raised to cancel any issued invoices.
- After 48 hours: upon cancellation, if payment has yet to be made, either a new invoice will be issued for the 20% fee (if the cancellation is received at least 14 days before the course start date) or the original invoice for the full course fee will still be owed (if the cancellation is received within 14 days prior to the course start date). The Simulation Services administration team will confirm the cancellation fee upon receiving the cancellation email.
- If payment has already been made for a course, a refund, less the 20% cancellation fee, will be paid if a cancellation is received, in writing, at least 14 days before a course start date. We regret that cancellations made within 14 days prior to the course start date cannot be refunded, even in the event of being unable to attend.
- Failure to attend a course/your booking will incur the full course fee.
- The UHBW Simulation Centre classes a booking as being made once a confirmation email has been sent to the attendee.
- At the Lead Educators’ discretion, a booking may be transferred to a future course date to avoid a cancellation fee. This must be arranged at least 14 days before a course is due to start. In the event of a transfer being possible, the date on the course fee invoice will remain valid and must be paid within the payment terms. Bookings are not able to be transferred with less than 14 days’ notice and the full course fee invoice would still be owed.
- All delegates must ensure that they have booked and received the necessary approval for study/annual leave prior to booking on a course. In the event that this approval has not been sought prior to booking, delegates will still remain subject to this Cancellation Policy.
- In the unlikely event that UHBW Simulation Services has to cancel or postpone a course, either the course fees will be refunded or a place on the next course will be offered to the attendee. Please note that UHBW is not liable for any costs incurred by delegates in the event of a course being cancelled or postponed.
- Attendees book course places at UHBW Simulation Centre at their own risk. UHBW Simulation Services is not liable for any costs incurred by delegates should they be unable to travel to UHBW Simulation Centre for any reason, including lockdown restrictions, travel restrictions, travel quarantine periods, isolation periods due to showing any infectious disease symptoms or any other reasons why travel is not possible.