The success of a simulation centre is dependent upon its faculty base more than any other factor. BMSC enjoys support from faculty drawn from all over the South-West of England, from multiple specialties, and from varied professional backgrounds.
BMSC has always encouraged faculty development through its modular faculty development programme supported by an apprenticeship model of continued faculty development. Working as part of the course faculty provides an opportunity to develop your simulation and debriefing skills which can be used as part of your own personal development.
Our faculty training is therefore designed around a modular structure:
- Attend a simulation centre course
- Attend a course as a faculty observer
- Participate in a course as trainee faculty
- Attend a BMSC Train the Trainers Course
- Attend an intermediary BMSC iTrust / SMART / Technical Course
- Attend a BMSC Advanced Debriefing Course
- Consider an advanced teaching qualification (e.g. TLHP)
We very much welcome new faculty members so should you be interested in joining us, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org detailing which areas of simulation you would like to be involved in.