- Two generic ward areas.
- A six bedded ICU/ward area with flat screen plasma TV.
- Anaesthetic room/side ward.
- A fully operational theatre with flat LED TV.
- A control room with one-way viewing windows to two of the clinical simulation areas plus AV observation facilities.
- A fully integrated SMOTS digital AV system with the ability to record, stream live and playback audio and video to various areas of the centre. There are five fixed and three mobile AV units which can be remotely controlled and can capture monitor outputs as well as AV (with additional output sources on offer). This system can be used for video debriefing.
- The ability to enhance live audio feed with a selection of radio microphones.
- A debrief room/lecture area with HD projector, two flat screen plasma TVs and an interactive Smartboard which allows multimodal debriefing.
- Male and female changing rooms with w.c.’s.
- Wi-Fi and break-out area with refreshment facilities.
Please click below to see our floor plan:
Human Patient Simulators
Laerdal and Gaumard patient simulators are central to the BMSC experience. We have adult, child and infant manikins that can be used to recreate clinical incidents and critical procedures.
Elaborate functions are controlled from our adjacent control room, enabling wide ranging educational scenarios to be created and digitally archived, including:
- Crisis resource management
- Emergency Department procedures
- Critical care training in the ICU or PICU
- Basic science training for students
- Formative assessments for trainees